Saturday, January 15, 2011

Senior Spring Thing! Update




Remember when I mentioned here that I was working on a brand new senior program , to launch this spring? I am happy to report that it will be ready to launch at the end of February, just in time for spring senior season!

As I mentioned before, this is NOT your ordinary, run-of-the-mill rep contest. In fact, it's not a senior rep contest at all, and I have not seen a single other studio in the entire KC Metro that offers a program like this.

My philosophy for senior pictures (and life in general) remains: Be Striking. What does that mean?

Being Striking... means celebrating yourself.
Being Striking... is often imitated, but never replicated.
Being Striking... means being brave enough to do something different.
Being Striking... means being kind to others on the journey.*
Being Striking... means setting the trends, not following them.
Being Striking... creates positivity wherever you go!

* hint! hint! about what's to come with my senior spring thing :)

For a true story from my own life about Being Striking, check out this previous post...

And in closing, one of my favorite quotes that inspires me to Be Striking written by Marianne Wilson:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

Shine on, friends...

No comments: