Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sneak Peek: Drama and Romance at Striking's Bridal Shoot!

So I've been going on and on about the fabulous photo shoot we held last weekend at Caenen Castle (nee' Renee Kelly's)... it was sooo much fun! We had three gorgeous models: Brittani, Emily and Mindy; our beautiful little flower girl Dailey; and the dashing Brek as our groom.

Here are a few of my favorites with Brittani... these were shot in the amazing wine cellar in the basement of the castle. The entire room is lined with rich wooden wine racks, and as any sommelier will tell you, a basement is a wonderful place to store wine since the temperature and humidity are close to ideal. Sconces line the walls and cast a warm glow. Chef Renee told me that this is a very popular place for the groom and groom's men to hang out prior to the wedding ceremony - definitely man-worthy!


I wanted to create dramatic, romantic lighting for these images, as I think we'll be seeing a return to lavish romance on the bridal front, both in terms of fashion and style. I have it on very good authority (perhaps the highest, in England at least? --- princess-to-be Kate Middleton's dress designer) that lace is going to be making a big comeback, as are modern takes on traditional necklines instead of the pervasive strapless which has dominated the scene for so long now. The dresses at this photo shoot were graciously provided by Cathy Rasmussen of Vintage Vogue, whom I highly recommend for your wedding or any special event where you are looking for unique, vintage clothing. Cathy has consulted with numerous magazines, Hollywood productions, and is an incredible resource, not to mention one of the nicest ladies in the business!

Brides, if you've always dreamed of feeling like a princess on your wedding day, I highly recommend you check out Renee Kelly's as a potential location for your big day. And don't forget to tell them that Striking Photography sent you! If you enjoy the decadent romance of these images and would like to create some beautiful, memorable images of your own on your wedding day, please email me via my website or send me a message on Facebook....

No comments: