Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sneak Peek: Senior Session!

This young man is a graduate of BVNW and a proud member of the Huskies! We had a really fun time shooting on the football field, and some incredible, dramatic skies to go with the shoot.








In addition to straight portrait shots, we wanted to get a little bit of action as well and so he tossed the ball up into the air and caught it. It took three takes, but on the last one - BAM! - he nailed it and I was there to capture the shot at exactly the right time, as the ball was coming down into his hands, but not blocking his face.

I thought I'd also take this time to showcase some of my own Photoshop work. All retouching, editing and special effects (such as the awesome charcoal sketch shown here) are done in-house and by me, personally. I do not farm out my work and have it mass-produced generically. I do everything custom and by hand because I want the post-processing work to remain true to the vision that I have created with my client. If you like it and want more, you got it. If you don't like it, it is easy for me to change. I can tailor any special effects exactly the way you like it. Black and white? No problem. Aged vintage? You got it. Crazy Andy-Warhol poster effects? Done :)


If you'd like to get some custom artwork created for you, please give me at call at 913.602.8061 or visit http://www.strikingphotography.org/.