Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stoplight Reflections - An Exploration






I like driving on rainy nights, because the streets are transformed into a shiny, reflective wonderland. The street lights, car tail lights and stoplights meld into a colorful splash, and the silvery black reflective nature of the wet streets adds to the beauty.

The problem is that every time I notice this, I'm the one driving. I briefly considered trying to shoot while driving, but quickly nixed the idea in the name of safety... I can't imagine what a police officer would say if I tried to explain that the reason I crashed my car was because I was trying to take photographs of the streetlights!

However, the other night my husband was at the wheel, and so I was able to capture these interesting images. I'm certain he was mystified as to exactly what I was trying to create, since it was quite dark. But he knows me too well by now and just let me happily click away :) (Thanks, hon!) I shot a series of each scene, so you can see the progression of movement, focus and extended exposure.

Enjoy!





No comments: