Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sneak Peek: Dostals' Family Portrait!

It's been busy both personally and professionally here at Striking Photography! School ended for my children and summer activities began, my youngest had his birthday, and I've had several shoots over the last couple weeks. Hasn't left me much time for blogging! Happily, I am back to it and have fabulous sneak peeks of the sessions I've been shooting! Shooting this family portrait out in the beautiful gardens of the Arboretum last week was a real treat. The day dawned warm but cloudy, which actually is wonderful, flattering shooting light.


This shoot was a birthday gift for Joan from her family. (Hint-hint dear readers: most moms would totally dig a family portrait as a gift!) Sometimes family portraits can be a drag (we still did get up a bit on the early side - 8:30am for you later birds *wink*) but we just had fun wandering around the gardens and capturing poses wherever the mood seemed to fit!
No stress and no stiff awkward poses - one of the reasons I enjoy family shoots is that there are so many opportunities to capture genuine interaction between all the family members. My philosophy is that there definitely is a time and place for more 'formal' poses, but there is an equally important place for more candid and fun shots as well. I like to mix it up! :-)

The timing of our session ended perfectly too - not more than 5 minutes after we wrapped the shoot and said our goodbyes, the rain started POURING! Beautiful work, Dostal Family! :-)
If you are interested in having your family's portraits taken, feel free to call Striking Photography at 913.602.8061 or visit our website: http://www.strikingphotography.org/!
Hope to see you soon!

No comments: