Monday, August 29, 2011

Sneak Peek: A Gentleman in an English Garden?





There was something about these images that made me imagine a dapper young English gentleman strolling around the grounds of his mansion and garden in the 1960s... However, this was shot right here in the heart of  Kansas City!


There was a bit of a vintage feel to it all, hence my unusual (for me) choice of a retro look in post-processing. It's a little bit Polaroid, little bit Hipstamatic... I love using interesting filters when the image calls for it! If this is a preferred style of yours, call me -- I'm game! 

My personal favorite, though, is the shot below where the gentleman is relaxing on the bench, looking off into space and dreaming of... what? It just feels like summer to me. And the sun is creating the perfect flare to suffuse the entire scene with light. 















Dream on, dear readers... we've but a few days of summer left and soon trees will be turning...

And if you are dreaming of a photo shoot, please contact me soon! I will be traveling to Hawai'i in December and January, so let's get something scheduled!

No comments: