Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fantastic Indoor Studio Remodel!

The folks here in Overland Park probably remember the gigantic rain we had a couple weeks ago. We got over 6 inches of rain in one night!

Striking Photography also got a flooded studio. Doh!

For those new to Striking, I do my indoor studio work out of my home. Our finished basement is the perfect location - it's always cool (important when working with lots of lights), it has a great little powder room (for make-up and outfit changes), and I have excellent control over all the lighting (no extraneous sunlight or reflections bouncing around).

However, a sopping wet carpet does not a good working atmosphere make! So we decided to completely remodel the studio - it has a fantastic new acid-stained concrete floor (so gorgeous I now want concrete in our bedroom LOL), repainted, new storage... the works!

I am completely thrilled, and love my new digs so much I may well have to throw a launch party for it. Keep your eyes peeled for more news about that as it develops...

In the meantime, enjoy a portrait of a lovely young lady I photographed in the new studio, the new Image of the Week!

No comments: